What is Early French Immersion?
The French Immersion program is designed for students whose first language is not French. The early immersion program begins in Grade Primary. French Immersion is a very eff ective approach to learning French as a second language. French Immersion allows students to become functionally fluent in French while achieving all the required learning outcomes of the curriculum offered in Nova Scotia public schools.
The Early French Immersion Program is designed to enable all students to:
• Communicate effectively in French using listening, speaking, viewing, reading, writing, as well as other means of representation
• Work and study purposefully, both independently and in groups
• Solve problems individually and collaboratively
• Encourage personal development of skills, attitudes and values
• Express ideas and feelings using various forms of communication
• Locate, evaluate, adapt, create and share information using a wide range of sources and technologies.
If this is something that interests you, please review the attached documents bellow for more information.
To get started, you can find everything you need here: hrce.ca/registration.